Beauty Bits & Bites
The latest news & updates from Beauty Booth AZ
Time To Clean Those Brushes
Can you believe it?! Kids are already back to school!
For some, the end of Summer means back to work themselves. For others, it means a little more time during the day to accomplish tasks undisturbed. For Beauty Booth AZ, it means gearing up for your seasonal skincare needs and product changes! Yay!
Many prefer a lighter moisturizer with added SPF when the weather is hot. Fall weather changes often push us towards products with a little more body. Richer moisturizers, more active Serums, and as always, SPF keep skin soothed and protected during cooler months.
It’s also a GREAT time to start planning more aggressive treatments better suited to Fall climates. We have Treatment Series for every skin journey! Ask us today what’s right for you.
Enjoy your seasonal skin success. Have some fun with it. And as always, keep it safe out there… meaning wear your SPF, of course!
6 Benefits of Exfoliation
Exfoliation is one of those skincare steps everyone loves, but isn’t always sure why. Here’s 6 great benefits you may not realize proper exfoliation is bringing you.
1. Unclogs pores
- Exfoliation sweeps away dead and dry skin, along with all the other surface debris that might remain on your skin after cleansing, stops it from making its way into your pores and causing stubborn stoppages in the form of whiteheads and blackheads. These two skin issues are difficult to get rid of, which is why exfoliating is so important. It stops them before they even have a chance to appear.
2. Helps other skincare products penetrate better
- Since pores are unclogged and the surface of the skin is smoothed, serums, moisturizers, and other products work more effectively by allowing them to penetrate deeper into the skin.
3. Evens skin tone
- People with dark spots, rough texture, hyperpigmentation, and acne scars know how frustrating they can be to treat. Exfoliants break down dry and dead skin while smoothing texture, which means the skin appears to look more uniform over time.
4. It Boosts Circulation and Lymphatic Drainage
- Exfoliation has many benefits, including stimulation of lymphatic drainage for internal cleansing and stimulation of oxygen-rich blood to feed and nourish the skin’s surface. The former is a form of skin detoxification, working to remove toxins and other unhealthy debris. The latter boosts cellular health to reveal glowy, radiant skin.
5. It increases cell turnover
- Exfoliation helps cell turnover so the skin looks more glowing. This means that the skin keeps fresh, healthy cells at the surface, removing dead, dry, or dying ones. In terms of appearance, this results in that ultra-dewy and baby-faced complexion we all strive for.
6. It stimulates collages synthesis
- Finally, regular exfoliation helps to stimulate collagen synthesis to improve the skin’s texture, integrity, and keep the skin looking plump, tight, and young. In this way, exfoliating actually offers great anti-aging benefits, which might be why so many people swear that it helps lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
It’s time to clean those makeup brushes!
Over time, brushes accumulate bacteria. The more often you cleanse them, the less acne-causing bacteria you’re spreading on your skin. Besides bacteria, brushes also accumulate dead skin cells and oil, which can clog your pores and lead to dull or broken out skin.
Pro Tip: Clean brushes apply makeup better.
We have a great selection of Sheet Masks and Creme Masks to fit every skin need!
- Dull Skin? Try Firming Transformation Mask
- Dry Skin? Get quenched with Hydrating Hydrogel Sheet Mask
- Aging Skin? Pop on an Anti-Aging Hydrogel Sheet Mask (one of my personal favs!)
- Congested Skin? Clean things up with Purifying Probiotic Mask
We’ve all heard this, but it really is true! Regular appointments keep your brows at their best. This means less maintenance for you in between.
Our goal is actually for you NOT to tweeze at all. A quick fluff with a brush and maybe a light pencil is all you should need.
Ask us today how that can be possible for your brows!
PRO TIP: We suggest booking brow waxes 3-4 weeks apart.
Spread the love! If you have friends, family, or coworkers who would benefit from this blog post or my services, please share our website! I will always take good care of your referrals!
Put down those tweezers, I’ll see you soon,
Owner, Licensed Esthetician