Beauty Bits & Bites
The latest news & updates from Beauty Booth AZ
June Heat is Here
Whyyy do I need SPF?
Happy Father’s Day!
Beauty Booth Signature Facial
Yep, the heat is here! And so are Father’s Day, Summer fun, BBQs and pool time.
For many of us, that just means lounging in our own backyard. And for others, it means that it’s time to get out of town.
Whether it’s a few weeks, or a few months, a change of scenery is a great time to do a quick inventory of your skin essentials.
Do I have enough product to get me through? Is the climate different enough that I need to change my moisturizer or serums? Is my SPF expired?
Don’t worry! We’ve got you covered. We can ship directly to your door.
Have fun! Send us some pics! And as always, wear your SPF. 😉
- Decrease your risk of skin cancers and skin precancers. Regular daily use of SPF 15 sunscreen can reduce your risk of developing squamous cell carcinoma by about 40 percent, and lower your melanoma risk by 50 percent.
- Help prevent premature skin aging caused by the sun, including wrinkles, sagging and age spots.
Who should use SPF?
- The short answer is everyone! Men, women and children over 6 months of age should use sunscreen every day. This includes people who tan easily and those who don’t — remember, your skin is damaged by sun exposure over your lifetime, whether or not you burn.
What’s in SPF?
- Physical (mineral) sunscreen ingredients (including the minerals titanium dioxide and zinc oxide) block and scatter the rays before they penetrate your skin.
- Chemical sunscreen ingredients (like avobenzone and octisalate) absorb UV rays before they can damage your skin.
Is SPF safe?
- While physical sunscreens may be less likely to cause skin irritation than chemical sunscreens, both types have been tested as safe and effective. In fact, many sun protection products available today combine both types of ingredients.
To read the FULL article from the Skin Cancer Foundation, click here.
Dad Deserves Better than Soap and Water
Celebrate Father’s Day all month long with a fuss-free regimen for dads.
In just three simple steps, these essentials leave his skin cleansed, hydrated and protected.
His routine starts with a nourishing cleanser that sweeps away impurities and conditions the skin, followed by a top-selling serum that fights visible signs of dullness and fatigue. Finish with a mattifying SPF moisturizer that minimizes shine and leaves a soft matte finish.
Easy as 1-2-3!
the MAX facial cleanser:
• Creamy formula gently sweeps away impurities
• A blend of botanical extracts nourish and help to promote healthy-looking skin
• Contains advanced peptides and plant cell extracts
• Nourishing formula conditions the skin
VITAL C hydrating anti-aging serum:
• Imparts noticeable brightness and glow
• Helps to lock in hydration with hyaluronic acid
• Aids in minimizing the appearance of lines and wrinkles
• Helps to fight the look of dark spots, discoloration and uneven tone
• Provides antioxidant defense against daily skin stressors
• Instantly soothes dull, dry skin while reducing visible signs of stress and fatigue
PREVENTION+ daily matte moisturizer SPF 32:
• Mineral and chemical filters provide broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection
• Sheer, shine-stopping formula blends seamlessly into the skin for a natural-looking matte finish
• Antioxidant blend helps to shield against the effects of environmental stressors
*Subject to being a limited time offer.
We help you take the guess-work out of choosing a facial by skin-type and endless “add-ons”.
Simply select the amount of time you’d like for your facial, and we’ll create a customized treatment designed to focus on your skin’s current concerns.
We want your facial experience to be both relaxing and results driven.
PRO TIP: We suggest 60-minutes for first time clients.
Spread the love! If you have friends, family, or coworkers who would benefit from this blog post or my services, please share our website! I will always take good care of your referrals!
Enjoy the June heat safely,
Owner, Licensed Esthetician