Beauty Bits & Bites
The latest news & updates from Beauty Booth AZ
WAXING VS. SHAVING
SUMMER SKIN CARE TIPS
AGELESS SERUM & HYDRATING ENZYMES
Summer sun is in full effect! What does that mean for YOUR skin?
SPF Protection for starters, of course! But also, for many it is the perfect time for waxing. Silky smooth legs and bikini lines that last for weeks instead of days. Imagine the time you’ll save getting ready in the morning!
It’s also a great time to adjust your seasonal skin care products. Read on for some tips on how serums, and sunglasses, can help your specific skin needs.
IS WAXING BETTER THAN SHAVING?
- Makes skin smooth and soft
- Removes hair from root
- Can last 4-5 weeks
- Exfoliates dead surface skin
- Lessens growth of ingrown hairs
- Hair becomes thinner and lighter over time
- Hard and Soft Wax options for different types of skin needs
- Should be done by a professional
- Fast and can be done at home
- Cuts hair blunt with surface of skin, which can lead to ingrown hairs more easily
- Many require a daily shave schedule
- Exfoliates dead surface skin
- Hair thickness and coarseness stays the same over time
- Razors should be changed regularly avoid razor burn and other side effects
Protect Your Eyes With Sunglasses
Direct sunlight exposure is always a hot topic here in AZ. However, sunlight reflecting off sand, water, and other items further increases exposure to UV radiation and increases your risk of developing eye problems. Here’s some tips directly from the FDA for sunglass safety:
- Choose sunglasses labeled with a UVA/UVB rating of 100% to get the most UV protection.
- Do not mistake dark-tinted sunglasses as having more UV protection. The darkness of the lens does not indicate its ability to shield your eyes from UV rays. Many sunglasses with light-colored tints, such as green, amber, red, and gray can offer the same UV protection as very dark lenses.
- Children should wear sunglasses that indicate the UV protection level. Toy sunglasses may not have UV protection, so be sure to look for the UV protection label.
- Consider large, wraparound-style frames, which may provide more efficient UV protection because they cover the entire eye-socket.
This is especially important when doing activities around or on water because much of the UV comes from light reflected off the water’s surface.
- Understand that pricier sunglasses don’t ensure greater UV protection.
- Even if you wear contact lenses, wear sunglasses that offer UV protection.
- Know that sunglasses are the most effective when worn with a wide-brim hat and sunscreen.
Summer Skin needs to stay hydrated. An easy way to boost your moisturizer’s effectiveness is to add a pump of Ageless Skin Hydrating Serum first.
Here’s the scoop!
- Restores moisture
- Balances surface bi-layers and lipids
- Improves hydration
- Lessens the appearance of wrinkles
- Improves health of cell membrane
- Plumps the skin
- Apply to the entire face, including eye area, as needed for extra hydration.
- All skin types
- Dehydrated, dry, acneic
- Milia-prone skin
- Hyaluronic acid improves hydration, lessens the appearance of wrinkles and plumps the skin. This sophisticated serum also contains the peptides Matrixyl Synthe’ 6, DN-AGE and Lipomoist for dehydrated, dry, acneic, and milia-prone skin.
Rejuvenating treatments like our Coconut Papaya Enzyme gently exfoliate dead skin cells while revealing healthy, soft skin. This treatment option softens, exfoliates, and hydrates the skin with acid-free ingredients, making it great for both normal and sensitive skin. Also pregnancy safe!
If you have friends, family, or coworkers in need of some skin care TLC, please share this post. I promise to take good care of your referrals.
Here’s to Sunshine and SPF,
Owner, Licensed Esthetician
Make Gift Giving EASY~
Pick up a physical Gift Card at your next appointment… OR send a Virtual Gift Certificate directly to someone’s Inbox!
Give the gift of beauty.